Tuesday, September 3, 2024

'Un petit noir, s'il vous plait' by K.J.S.Chatrath



I have had two longish stays in Paris a few short ones over the last four decades or so. Alas, I have still not been able to cultivate a taste for French food. Another, equally fashionable thing that I do not admire is the black French Coffee. It is commonplace to see people going to roadside restaurants and ordering 'un petit noir, s'il vous plait' and spend hours over it.

 'Un Petit Noir' is also the name of a Cafe'+bookshop in Lyon. Since 2013, the bookshop Un Petit Noir offers in the heart of Lyon, on the Slopes of the Croix-Rousse, a place where police literature and black coffee are firmly clamping. Rare bookstore where black novels, thrillers, polars (brochés, pockets and comics) intersect in the thousands and where talented authors, small and large publishers, from all walks of life, according to the shelves, meet.
 
A roasted fair coffee in Lyon, natural and organic teas, organic fruit juices from the organic region and equally organic syrups. For small hungers, cookies, muffins or brownies, all handicrafts, are offered according to arrivals. 

I do hope to visit France again. 
And when I reach France I plan to go to Lyon.
And when I go to Lyon, I plan to have un petit noir at 'Un Petit Noir'.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home